New Delhi, commonly know as Dilli is the National Capital of India. It’s largest metropolis and the 2nd most populous city in India. Delhi is located on the banks of the river Yamuna, believed to be be continuously inhabited since at least the 6th century BC, though human habitation is believed to have existed since the second millennium BC. Apart from being the Captial of the modern India Delhi has been the site of Indraprastha, legendary capital of the Pandavas in the Indian epic Mahabharata, Captial of the Mugal Empire and the last capital of the East India Company after Calcutta. Delhi is made up of Old and the New Delhi. New delhi was built as a Imperial capital of India, is spacious and modern Old Delhi n the other hand was built by the Muglas.
Delhi offers a great chances to experience the Charm or the Old and the Glamour of the new in one day. You can spend half day experiencing Old Delhi at the Red Fort, Crowded bazaars of Chandni Chownk, Jama Masjid, QutubMinar, Humayn tomb. Other half of the day can be spend lazing in the spanking modern café and restaurants, which are among the best in Asia.
Delhi is one of those cities which prides itself on its past, holding onto it but at the same time advancing to become a truly global modern city.
Our Delhi Durbar program takes its participants through the most interesting places in Delhi, which give a true taste of Delhi in every sense.
- Morning pickup from Hotel, drive to Raj Ghat (Mahatma Gandhi, Memorial) and pay tribute. Sightseeing at Red fort/ Jama Masjid and then take a Rickshaw ride through the Crowded Bazaars of Chandni Chownk.
- Transfer to a Hotel to use Rest room and have Lunch
- Visit Connaught Place/ QutubMinar/ Humayun Tomb.
- Evening 5.00 PM visit the Louts temple to the attend the evening prayer sessions and spend rest of the evening shopping at Dilli Haat.
- We end our tour by a Delicious Dinner at an Ethnic Indian restaurant.
- Drop at Hotel or Airport
Program Cost: $155
Extras: Hotel Stay upon completion of Tour: $65
- Full Day tour of Delhi in a
Exclusive Air Conditioned Cab
- English speaking guide
- Bottled Water
- Monument Entry Fee
- Bottled Water
- Monument entry fee
- Camera entry free